As with any social networking platform, there is an age limit in the TikTok app too. For parents concerned about protecting their child from harmful practices, there are some rules on the TikTok age limit. So, let’s see what the age limit of TikTok is?
Is TikTok Appropriate For Kids?
According to the rules, you need to be over 13 to be a TikTok user. Besides, users over the age of 13 but under the age of 18 must get permission from their parents to use TikTok. Unfortunately, even though TikTok’s age limit is 13, many children under the age of 13 are using the application by reporting their age as older.
TikTok stands with parents on these issues and provides some controls for young children. Through the TikTok application, parents can restrict adult content for their children, set time limits, and filter the inappropriate content. For all this, you need to use the Family Pairing feature in the TikTok app.
How to Use TikTok’s Parental Controls?
First of all, to manage your child’s TikTok account, you need to download the TikTok application.
- On both devices, go to the user profile and tap the three dots.
- Then, tap on Family Pairing and sync your account with your child via the QR code.
- Now, select the Digital Wellbeing option on the menu.
- You can set the maximum time your child can spend on TikTok by selecting the Screen Time Management setting.
- With the Restricted Mode option, you can prevent your child from accessing mature content.
- To save all of these settings, set a password.
FAQs About TikTok Age Limit
No, you must be over 16 to use the direct message feature at TikTok.
To use TikTok, users under the age of 18 need to get permission from their parents.
Although TikTok is an application widely used by young people, there are many negative opinions about TikTok. One of them is that it is harmful to children because it contains inappropriate content.
Conclusion About TikTok Age Limit
The age limit for TikTok is 13, and users under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their families to use it. Also, TikTok provides parental control in the application for the safety of young people. If you want to keep up with the latest news about the topic, please follow our blog posts.